- Yields: 12 scones
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Lacteeze 2%
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp (12mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dried cranberries
- Add lemon juice to milk and let stand 15 minutes. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add butter and cut into flour with pastry blender until the texture of coarse meal. Stir in dried cranberries. Stir in milk to moisten dry ingredients.
- Roll out on floured surface to 1/2" /1 cm thickness. Cut into 2"/5 cm rounds or squares. Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 425°F (220°C) for 12-15 minutes.
- Good source of folate.