- Yields: 8
- Preparation: 55 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) STIRLING - Stirling Creamery Salted Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) IVANHOE - Smoked Gouda, shredded and divided
- 2 tbsp (30mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) grainy mustard
- 1 tsp (5mL) honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500mL) cooked quinoa
- 1 cup (250mL) baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) walnuts, chopped and divided
- 1/4 cup (60mL) cranberries, dried
- 4 bell peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Whisk together melted butter, vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over quinoa and toss to coat.
- Toss together quinoa mixture, 1 cup (250 mL) cheese, spinach, green onion, half of the walnuts and cranberries. Spoon into bell peppers, mounding if necessary to use all of the filling. Arrange peppers in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes; remove foil. Toss remaining cheese with remaining walnuts; sprinkle over peppers. Bake for about 15 minutes or until peppers are tender, filling is heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Boost the protein by adding a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas or cooked ground turkey to the filling.