- Yields: about 3 dozen cookies
- Preparation: 85 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Unsalted, softened
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175mL) instant dissolving sugar
- 1/2 cup (125mL) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) cayenne pepper
- Beat butter and vanilla until fluffy. Whisk flour with sugar, cocoa, salt, cinnamon and cayenne pepper; beat into butter mixture on low just until uniformly combined. Form dough into a flat disc; wrap and chill for 1 hour or until firm enough to roll easily.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out between sheets of parchment paper to ¼" (5 mm) thick. Cut out shapes using 2" (5 cm) cookie cutters. Place cookies 1"(2.5 cm) apart, on baking sheets. Re-roll remaining pieces and cut out additional cookies once. Bake in batches for 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a rack.