Jam packed so full of goodness they’re rounded like the belly of a Buddha!
Food Bowls continue to be on-trend and meet patrons desire for real, fresh, nutritious food that tastes great! Build a bowl around Nordica Cottage Cheese as the protein, it’s the perfect low-cost protein-packed blank canvas for creating savoury bowls!
Let your creativity run wild – there really is no “recipe” for a bowl!
Some great tips to build on:
- Start with loads of colourful veggies, fresh, roasted or grilled
- Pack in protein – e.g. chicken, turkey, steak, fish, soft-cooked eggs
- Include nutritious vegetarian protein options – e.g. Nordica Smooth Cottage Cheese or regular Nordica Cottage Cheese, tofu, lentils, chickpeas, black beans
- Add in a hearty, healthy whole grain – e.g. brown rice, barley, kamut, freekeh, quinoa
- Feature terrific toppers – e.g. nuts, seeds, crispy tortilla strips, sliced or cubed avocado, olives
- Add dynamite dressings – vinaigrette, creamy, or nut butter-based. Try a better-for-you creamy dressing:
The art is in the assembly!
This is not your typical tossed salad! Remember we all eat with our eyes first, presentation is everything!
Layer all sections artistically in a bowl, drizzle with a drool-worthy dressing and add a finishing touch with an assortment of terrific toppers!
Tips from the kitchen
- Menu as a daily feature!
- Perfect as portable menu option!
- Great to let customers customize to suit their desire and taste!
- Upsell by topping with sliced steak, grilled chicken, turkey skewers, seared fish or soft-cooked egg!
Here are 3 ideas to inspire your creations:
Southwest Power Bowl
Veggies: toasted corn, orange pepper, grape tomatoes
Protein: Nordica Smooth Lime Crema, black beans, edamame
Whole Grain: barley
Toppers: avocado, diced red onion, cilantro
Dressing: lime jalapeno vinaigrette
Make it: Check out the Southwest Power Bowl recipe, including how to make the protein-packed Nordica Smooth Lime Crema.
Spring Bliss Bowl
Veggies: grilled asparagus, zucchini ribbons, peas, slivered radishes
Protein: Nordica Cottage Cheese, soft-cooked egg
Whole Grain: quinoa
Toppers: sunflower seeds, microgreens
Dressing: tangy citrusy drizzle made with Nordica Smooth
Mediterranean Ancient Grain Bowl
Veggies: roasted eggplant, roasted red pepper, garlic-y sautéed kale
Protein: grilled Salerno Halloumi cheese, roasted lemony chickpeas
Whole Grain: farro
Topping: kalmata olives, diced red onion, fresh parsley
Dressing: red wine vinaigrette