- Yields: 4
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica Smooth Plain
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp (5mL) lime zest, grated
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) sea salt, coarsely ground
- 1 cup (250mL) corn kernels, frozen, thawed
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups (500mL) cooked brown rice, barley or quinoa
- 1 can (398mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250mL) edamame, frozen shelled, thawed
- 1 cup (250mL) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, ripe firm, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup (50mL) lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup (50mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10mL) jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) sea salt
- 3 tbsp (45mL) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (50mL) fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- tortilla chips, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together Nordica Smooth Plain, lime juice, lime zest and sea salt until well combined. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably several hours, for best flavour.
- Heat a cast iron skillet until very hot. Add the corn and cook until the kernels start to turn golden, stirring occasionally. Remove corn from skillet and set aside.
- Add the orange pepper to the hot skillet. Heat just until starting to soften slightly, stirring occasionally. Remove pepper from skillet and set aside.
- Divide the power bowl ingredients among four shallow bowls, keeping the ingredients separate. Top each power bowl with one quarter of the lime crema.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, canola oil, garlic, jalapeño pepper and salt until well combined. Stir in cilantro. Pour one quarter of the dressing over each power bowl.
- Garnish with red onion and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips (if using).