- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 6 tbsp (90mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Unsalted
- 12 tbsp (180mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted
- 2 lbs (1Kg) GAY LEA - Hewitt’s Goat Cheese
- ½ cup (250g) bacon lardons
- 4 shallots, peeled and diced
- 3 cups (750mL) Carnaroli rice
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) white wine
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken stock, warm
- 2 sweet potatoes, large, cooked, peeled and diced
- To pre-cook risotto, heat 6 tbsp (90 mL) butter in a large straight sided pan. Sauté bacon until it is rendered and crisp. Add shallots and sauté until transparent. Add rice stirring to coat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine and simmer stirring constantly until absorbed. Add broth, 1 cup (250 mL) at a time stirring until absorbed.
- Cook rice until it is soft on the outside but still raw and very chewy in the middle. Test after each cup of stock has evaporated. Immediately spread the cooked rice onto a large sheet pan, to help it cool quickly.
- To serve: heat a portion of the risotto in a pan with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of water. Continue to cook adding stock until rice is hot and tender but not mushy. With a wooden spoon, vigorously stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter, 3 oz (90 g) of goat cheese and 6 to 8 cubes of sweet potato.