- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 297 minutes
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla
- 500 g NORDICA 2% - Cottage Cheese, pureed (2 tubs)
- 1 tbsp (15mL) lemon zest, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup (150mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50mL) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - milk
- 7 g unflavoured gelatine, 2 envelopes
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Regular Whipped Cream
- In bowl, combine wafer crumbs, Gay Lea Salted Butter and cinnamon. Press into bottom of 9-inch (23cm) spring form pan and bake in centre of preheated 350 F (180C) oven for about 15 minutes or until firm. Let cool completely.
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatine over lemon juice and let stand for 5 minutes. Place saucepan over medium heat and stir for about 2 minutes or until gelatine is dissolved.
- Heat milk in small saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming. Meanwhile, in bowl whisk together eggs and sugar; gradually whisk in milk and return to pot. Cook, whisking for about 5 minutes and pureed Nordica Cottage Cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Whisk Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream into cottage cheese mixture to scrape into pan. Cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours or until set.
- Make ahead: Cheesecake can be made and refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- To puree cottage cheese simply place in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve each slice with a dollop of Gay Lea Real Whipped Cream.
- Excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin D.