- Yields: makes about 4 dozen fritters
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp (60mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (4mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 6 container (600g) GAY LEA - Cottage Cheese – Single Serve – Lemon
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp (100mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted
- Stir flour with icing sugar, salt and baking soda until combined. Blend in Smooth cottage cheese and egg until a thick batter forms.
- Heat 2 tbsp (30 mL) Spreadables butter in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat.
- Drop by well-rounded spoonfuls. Flatten slightly with a spatula. Fry for 2 minutes per side or until golden.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding extra butter to skillet between batches as needed. Serve warm, dusted with icing sugar and garnished with fresh berries.
- Make fritters ahead and reheat, in a single layer, on a baking sheet at 350 °F (180 °C) for 10 to 16 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Replace the Smooth Lemon with Smooth Vanilla Bean flavour.
- Serve the fritters topped with warmed raspberry, blueberry or cherry preserves.