- Preparation: 140 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50mL) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Unsalted, finely diced
- 4 pkgs (1000g) cream cheese
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) icing sugar
- 3 cups (750mL) mixed berries, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Blend flour and brown sugar in food processor. Add butter and pulse mixture until butter is well combined. Press into an 8" (20 cm) spring form pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool to room temperature. Butter the sides of the pan and reserve.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F (200°C). Using a mixer with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until very smooth. Add sugar and beat until completely incorporated. Blend in lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions. Scrape mixture into crust and smooth. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 200°F (100°C) and continue to bake for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edge of the cake, tent loosely with aluminum foil and return to oven. Turn off oven and let cake sit for 40 minutes.
- Blend lemon juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add berries and mint and gently toss to combine. Spoon over cheesecake just before serving.
- Excellent source of vitamin A.
- Credit: Dairy Farmers of Canada