- Yields: 8 bites
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- 5 cups (1.25L) broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, melted
- 6 tbsp (90mL) bread crumbs
- 2 cups (500mL) BLACK RIVER - Goat Cheddar, Salsa Goat or Jalapeno Cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp (15mL) green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50mL) GAY LEA - Gold Premium Sour Cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- Blanch broccoli in boiling salted water for 6 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush a 24-cup mini muffin pan with melted butter; sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 mL) breadcrumbs evenly over pan. Shake out any excess.
- Transfer broccoli to a food processor; pulse until finely chopped but not puréed. Transfer to a bowl and mix in remaining 5 tbsp (75 mL) dry breadcrumbs, the Goat Cheddar, green onion, sour cream, eggs, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Divide broccoli mixture between the cups; bake for 20 minutes or until golden and set. Cool slightly then use a thin knife to remove bites from muffin cups. Serve warm.
- If you don't have a food processor you can chop the broccoli by hand.
- Replace fresh broccoli with 1 bag (500 g) frozen broccoli florets. Thaw under cold running water; drain well before chopping.
- Bites can be reserved for 2 days in the refrigerator or frozen for up to 1 month. Eat cold or reheat for 5 to 10 seconds each in the microwave.