- Yields: 20 servings
- Preparation: 144 minutes
- 1 2/3 cup (375mL) cornstarch
- 20 cups (5L) homogenized or 2% milk
- 6 2/3 cups (1.625L) granulated sugar
- 10 tbsp (150 mL) instant coffee granules
- 3 1/3 cup (750mL) water, hot
- 1 1/4 tsp (5mL) salt
- 10 tsp (50mL) vanilla
- 15 (1.125Kg) GAY LEA - Real Whipped Cream- Regular
- Place cornstarch in a bowl; whisk in 20 cups (5 L) milk until smooth. Reserve. Stir sugar with instant coffee and salt in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan; whisk in water until smooth. Set pan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture boils. Stir in remaining milk.
- Stir reserved cornstarch mixture and, whisking constantly, add to coffee mixture. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil and is glossy and thickened. Stir in vanilla. Divide cappucino mixture among coffee cups or dessert dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature. Chill for up to 2 days. Just before serving, top each dessert cup with a mound of Real Whipped Cream.
- Good source of calcium.