- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation: 44 minutes
- 3 tbsp (45mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- 2 onions, halved horizontally and sliced
- 1 tbsp (15mL) granulated sugar
- 1 sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15mL) ground cumin
- 1 tbsp (15mL) ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- In skillet, melt butter on medium low. Add onions and sugar; cook, stirring, for 20 to 30 minutes or until very soft and golden. Stir in chilli powder, salt, cumin and pepper. Add peppers; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened. Transfer to serving bowl. Toss in chopped fresh coriander.
- Excellent source of vitamin C.