- Yields: 2-4
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 5 tbsp (75mL) GAY LEA - Organic Unsalted
- 1 head cauliflower, small-medium
- 1 cup (250mL) cooking onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups (1L) spinach, roughly 2 large bundles
- 1 can (400mL) coconut milk
- 1 tsp (5mL) ground cumin
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) ground coriander
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5mL) ground white pepper
- ¼ tsp (1mL) Maldon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together spice blend. Remove leaves from the head of the cauliflower leaving the stalk intact. Slice cauliflower into 4- 1-inch thick steaks. If the sides don’t all hold together not to worry, they can still be used.
- Sprinkle a quarter of the spice blend onto one side of each cauliflower steak.
- In a large cast iron skillet, over medium high heat, melt 1 tbsp. of butter with ½ of the minced garlic. Gently place 2 cauliflower steaks spiced side down into the hot garlic butter, cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle a quarter of the spice mixture onto the side of the uncooked cauliflower facing up. Add 1 tbsp. of butter to the pan, gently flip cauliflower steaks over moving them around in the butter and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to prepared baking sheet. Repeat steps with remaining cauliflower. Place prepared baking sheet into the oven and roast cauliflower for 15 minutes.
- Using the same pan, turn cooking temperature down to medium heat, add onions and remaining butter. Sauté for 3 minutes until onions are tender. Add spinach in two -three batches cooking until wilted. Stir in coconut milk and simmer for 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and gently nestle into creamed spinach and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.