- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) orzo pasta
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175mL) dry white wine
- 1 cup (250mL) HEWITT'S - 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30mL) chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) IVANHOE - Extra Old White Cheddar, grated
- 2 oz (60mL) blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (50mL) toasted pine nuts
- In a large pot of boiling lightly salted water, cook orzo for about 8 minutes or until just tender but still firm. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet melt butter over medium low; cook garlic and onions for about 3-4 minutes or until onions are softened. Add wine and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium low and cook stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add cream and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium low and cook gently, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add orzo to the cream sauce; stirring constantly and bring to a simmer. Stir in chopped chives, Cheddar and blue cheeses. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Excellent source of vitamin A and thiamin.