- Yields: 1 lb (500 g)
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup (50mL) pumpkin seeds, salted
- 1/4 cup (50mL) sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) sesame seeds
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 1/4 cups (300mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) sea salt, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°C (160°C).
- Line a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 32 cm) baking pan with parchment paper. Spread seeds in pan.
- Toast for 6 minutes or just until light golden and fragrant.
- Cool seeds completely; remove to a bowl, returning parchment to baking pan.
- Stir butter, sugar and corn syrup in a large, heavy saucepan set over medium-high heat until melted. Cook, swirling the pot often until mixture reaches 300°F (150°C) or hard crack stage on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in half the seeds.
- Carefully pour onto baking pan. Tap pan gently to spread to an even layer. Sprinkle with remaining seeds and sea salt (if using). Let stand in a cool, dry place until firm. Break into bite-sized pieces and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- For an extra special touch, before sprinkling with remaining seeds, scatter 1 cup (250 mL) mini chocolate chips over the hot brickle. Let stand for 5 minutes to melt; spread evenly. Sprinkle with seeds and sea salt (if using). Let stand, in a cool dry place, until chocolate is completely set.
- Transfer brickle to cello bags to use as a hostess.