- Yields: 12 extra large cookies or 30 smaller cookies
- Preparation: 33 minutes
- 4 oz (125mL) bittersweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Unsalted, softened
- 1/2 cup (125mL) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup (50mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50mL) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150mL) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup (150mL) white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (75mL) milk chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In bowl, using electric beaters, beat butter for 1 minute. Add brown and granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Scrape down bowl. Beat in vanilla. Using wooden spoon, stir in melted chocolate. In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; stir flour mixture into egg mixture. Stir in dark and white chocolate chips and milk chocolate.
- Using ¼ cup (50 mL) ice cream scoop for extra large cookies, scoop mounds of dough onto prepared cookie sheets. For small cookies, scoop out 2 tbsp (25 mL) mounds of dough. Do not flatten. Bake in centre of preheated oven for 18 minutes or until edges are set, tops are crackled but centre is still moist but not wet. Let cool on rack for 5 minutes. Using spatula, transfer to racks to cool completely.
- Variation: Replace white chocolate chips with chopped macadamia nuts.