- Yields: 10 servings
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) ginger, ground
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) nutmeg, ground
- 1 pinch cloves, ground
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup (50mL) cranberries, dried
- 12 oz (375g) puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup (175mL) HEWITT'S - Goat Milk Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp (30mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In 12-inch (30 cm) ovenproof skillet set over medium heat, cook sugar, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until melted and golden caramel colour.
- Stir in cubed butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add pears, tossing to coat with caramel. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, partially covered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat. Arrange pears in decorative pattern; scatter cranberries over top to fill in spaces between pears.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick disc, just slightly larger than the skillet. Carefully drape over pears, tucking pastry in around pears to bottom of skillet.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes; run knife around pastry to release from pan. Top with serving platter and invert carefully to turn out onto serving platter.
- Stir together sour cream, brown sugar and vanilla until well combined. Cut tart into wedges; top each serving with dollop of sweetened cream.
- The fruit combinations are endless – try apples, apricots or peaches with golden raisins, tart cherries or figs.