- Yields: 8 servings
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 2 cups (500mL) milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (75mL) corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) Hewitt's - milk, warm
- 1/3 cup (75mL) cornstarch
- 2 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15mL) GAY LEA - Spreadables Regular
- 1 1/4 cups (300mL) mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp (30mL) Graham craker crumbs or dry cookies, crumbled
- Combine 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chocolate chips with corn syrup in large, heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until chips are melted. Meanwhile, whisk 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk with cornstarch until smooth; gradually whisk into remaining milk, then into chocolate mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 4 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove pudding from heat. Whisk some of the hot pudding mixture with egg yolks and vanilla; stir into remaining hot pudding mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 to 4 minutes or until thick and glossy. Remove from heat and stir in butter; divide among 8 ovenproof bowls. Let cool to room temperature.
- Place bowls on baking sheet. Divide marshmallows, graham cracker crumbs and remaining chocolate chips evenly among each bowl. Broil for 1 minute or until marshmallows are golden.
- When cooling warm puddings, press microwave safe plastic wrap directly onto surface of each pudding to prevent a “skin” from forming on top.