- Yields: 42
- Preparation: 40 minutes (+ 1 hour 40 minutes cooling time)
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups (425mL) all purpose flour
- 4 tsp (20mL) pumpkin pie spice, plus more for dusting
- ½ tsp (2mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2mL) salt
- 1 cup (250mL) purée, pure pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250mL) brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (60mL) espresso, strong brewed, or coffee, cooled
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla, extract
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, finely chopped
- 3 ½ oz (100g) chocolate, white, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60mL) whipping cream, 35%
- Cookies: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg. Beat in pumpkin purée, coffee and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake one sheet at a time in centre of oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops are set and edges are golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets on rack for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies directly to rack; let cool completely.
- White Chocolate Ganache: In heatproof bowl set over larger saucepan of barely simmering water, melt chocolate and butter until smooth. Meanwhile, microwave cream in microwave-safe cup on High for 20 to 30 seconds or until steaming. Stir hot cream into white chocolate mixture until blended. Let cool for at least 1 hour or until thickened but still pourable.
- Dip tops of cookies in white chocolate ganache. Transfer to baking sheet. Dust with pumpkin pie spice; let stand for 30 to 40 minutes or until ganache is set.
- Garnish each cookie with an espresso bean if desired.