- Yields: 40 slices
- Preparation: 237 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Unsalted
- 3/4 cup (175mL) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup (550mL) flour
- 1/8 tsp (0.5mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30mL) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup (50mL) mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (50mL) maraschino cherries, sliced
- dab red food colouring
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder. Divide into 3 equal portions. Leaving one portion white, add melted chocolate and chocolate chips to the second and cherries and a few drops of red food colouring to the third. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roughly shape each portion into 2" (7cm) wide strips approximately ½" (1.5 cm) thick. Pile on top of one another in desired sequence and roll gently until 3" wide by 1" thick (7.5 cm x 2.5 cm). Chill for three hours.
- Cut into thin slices. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 10 to 12 minutes.