- Yields: 3 dozen cookies
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 2 tsp (10mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250mL) icing sugar
- Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, sour cream, lemon zest and juice until well combined. Stir flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture until well combined. Chill for 45 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Roll into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls. Place, 2-inches (5 cm) apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, for 10 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, whisk butter and lemon juice to combine. Gradually whisk in icing sugar until smooth. Dip tops of cookies in glaze; return to rack until completely set.
- Store cookies, layered between parchment paper in an airtight container, for up to 3 days or freeze for 1 month.
- Replace lemon with orange juice and zest for an orange-scented cookie.