- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 13 minutes
- Stir sour cream with half of brown sugar and 1 tsp (5 mL) bourbon or vanilla extract until sugar is dissolved and well combined.
- Cut pineapple into 12 lengthwise spears; set aside.
- Melt butter in large, heavy-bottom, non-stick skillet set over medium high. Stir in remaining brown sugar, bourbon and ginger until sugar is dissolved and bubbling. Add pineapple and cook for 3 minutes per side or until well browned.
- Divide pineapple between 6 dessert plates and top with a generous dollop of sour cream topping.
- Garnish with thinly sliced fresh mint leaves.
- Leftover sour cream topping can be reserved, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for up to 4 days.
- Serve topping over other desserts such as coffee cake, fresh mixed berries, waffles or bread pudding.