- Yields: 10 to 12 servings
- Preparation: 67 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Unsalted
- 1/2 cup (125mL) sugar (white or brown)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30mL) HEWITT'S - milk
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) ground cloves
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- icing sugar, candies, sprinkles, etc
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar, then add egg.
- Stir together milk and vanilla. Add to butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, spices and baking soda. Sift into butter mixture. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. Gather dough into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). On a floured surface, roll out dough to ¼" (5 mm) thick and cut with your choice of cookie cutters.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Decorate with colourful icing and sprinkles. Store cookies in a sealed container in a dry place.
- Credit: Dairy Farmers of Canada