- Yields: Makes 25 cookies
- Preparation: 160 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10mL) lemon zest, grated
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75mL) blanched almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125mL) dried cranberries
- Using electric mixer, beat together butter and sugar until well combined. Beat in yolk. In separate bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt; using wooden spoon, gradually stir into butter mixture. Stir in almonds and cranberries.
- Transfer mixture to lightly floured work surface. With lightly floured hands, shape dough into two 6x1-1/2" rectangles. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, two hours up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 325 F.
- Slice each rectangle into thick slices; place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake in centre of oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden. Cool on pan on racks.