- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 2/3 cup (150mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) granulated sugar
- 2 pkgs Nordica Smooth - Vanilla Bean
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups (650mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in Smooth cottage cheese, egg and vanilla until well combined. Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl; stir into butter mixture until well combined. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Use a small cookie scoop or a rounded tablespoon measure to drop mounded cookies, 2-inches (5 cm) apart, onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, for 12 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, whisk butter and milk to combine. Gradually whisk in icing sugar until smooth. Dip tops of cooled cookies in glaze; decorate with sprinkles and return to rack until completely set.
- Store cookies, layered between parchment paper in an airtight container, for up to 3 days or freeze for 1 month.
- For a tasty flavour variation, replace the Smooth Vanilla Bean with Lemon or Salted Caramel.