- Preparation: 10 minutes
- 1/2 lb (200g) canadian brie, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup (60mL) Graham craker crumbs or dry cookies, crumbled
- 3 tbsp (45mL) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 fig or other fruit, (apple, pear, strawberry, apricot, etc), slices
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (210°C).
- Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave oven. Stir in the cookie crumbs, pecans, brown sugar and spices.
- Dip the Brie pieces into the beaten egg and then coat with the cookie crumb mixture. Lay the Brie pieces on the fruit slices.
- Place the canapés on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake on the centre oven rack for 4 minutes or until the cheese is slightly melted and the cookie crumbs are lightly golden and crispy. Serve immediately.
- Good source of folate.
Credit: Dairy Farmers of Canada