- Yields: 12 doughnuts
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup (175mL) GAY LEA - Gold Premium Sour Cream
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup (150mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (4mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cups (375mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5mL) lime zest
- 1/3 cup (75mL) lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 12-cavity mini doughnut pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg, egg yolk, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into sour cream mixture, 1/3 cup (75 mL) at a time, until combined.
- Pipe enough batter into each doughnut cavity to come halfway up side; bake in center of oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and top springs back to the touch. Let cool in pans for 3 minutes. Transfer directly to rack; let stand until completely cooled.
- Stir together icing sugar, lime zest and lime juice. Dip cooled doughnuts into glaze, turning to coat both sides. Let stand on rack until glaze is set.
- Use orange or lemon to make a citrus glaze if desired.