- Yields: 36 brownies
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Organic Unsalted
- 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate (28g each), chopped
- 2 tbsp (30mL) cocoa, sifted
- 1 ¼ cups (300mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 1 pkg (250g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon zest, grated
- 2 tbsp (30mL) lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cups (300mL) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180°C). Line a 9-inch (2.5 L) square baking pan with enough parchment paper to overhang edges.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate, butter, and cocoa, stirring until mixture is smoothly melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in flour. Blend well. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Set aside while preparing topping.
- In a small bowl, on medium speed of electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in lemon zest and juice. Spread evenly over base.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or just until set. Let cool completely in pan on rack. Chill overnight. Using parchment paper as handles, transfer squares from pan to cutting board. Cut into squares. Garnish with fresh raspberries to serve.
- Replace raspberries with halved strawberries or blackberries.
- Cheesecake is easier to cut while cold.