- Yields: 40 cookies
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups (425mL) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1.25mL) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125mL) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter
- 2/3 cup (150mL) packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150mL) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 40 chocolate kiss candies
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Beat together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and ⅓ cup granulated sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high until lightened in colour, about 1 min. Add egg and vanilla and mix to combine. Add flour mixture until well blended.
- Place remaining sugar in a shallow dish. Roll dough into one tablespoon balls, add to sugar and roll to coat. Place onto the prepared sheet 1-inch apart. Bake in batches until cookies are puffed, cracked and edged are beginning to brown, about 10 min.
- Immediately press candies into the centre of each cookie and freeze until cooled, about 5 to 10 minutes.