- Yields: 32 cookies
- Preparation: 2 hours, including chill time
- 2 cups (500mL) flour
- 1 cup (250mL) almonds, ground
- 2/3 cup (150mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) almond extract
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250mL) icing sugar
- Whisk together flour, ground almonds and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high until well blended, about 2 min. Add egg and almond and vanilla extracts, then mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture until well combined.
- Divide dough in half and wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Flatten each into an inch thick disc and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375F. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Divide one dough disc into 2 tbsp portions and roll into a ball. Form into a crescent shape by rolling edges thinner. Place onto prepared baking sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake until edges begin to brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a medium bowl with icing sugar; gently toss to coat. Return to baking sheet, let cookies fully cool and repeat tossing in sugar to fully coat.
- Repeat with remaining dough.