- Yields: 30
- Preparation: 35 minutes (+ 1 hour 25 minutes standing time)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (250mL) flour, gluten-free, sifted
- ½ cup (125mL) flour, almond
- ¼ tsp (1mL) salt
- ¼ cup (60mL) sugar, organic
- 3 tbsp (45mL) tequila
- 2 tbsp (30mL) zest, lime
- 1 tbsp (15mL) Juice, lime
- 1 tsp (5mL) orange, extract
- 2/3 cup (150mL) icing sugar, organic
- ¼ tsp (1mL) sea salt, fine
- Whisk together gluten-free flour, almond flour and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add tequila, lime zest, lime juice and orange extract; beat in flour mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚F). Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch (250 mL) balls. Place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden around edges and tops are set. Let cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes; transfer directly to rack. Let cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine icing sugar and salt. Roll cookies in icing sugar mixture. (Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.)
- Alternatively, make crescents by rolling each ball into log, then shaping each log into semi-circle.