- Yields: Makes 3 ½ dozen cookies
- Preparation: 80 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Unsalted, softened
- 1 cup (250mL) instant dissolving sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp (10mL) vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (625mL) all purpose flour (approx.)
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) baking soda
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Unsalted, melted
- 1/4 cup (50mL) cinnamon sugar
- Beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; beat into butter mixture on low speed until just combined. Knead gently and flatten into a rectangle. Freeze for 20 minutes or until firm enough to roll.
- On a large sheet of parchment, using a floured rolling pin, roll dough into a large rectangle about 10" x 14"(25 cm x 35 cm). Trim away rough edges as needed.
- Brush the dough evenly with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar. Starting at the long end, roll the dough into a snug pinwheel. Freeze the log for 30 minutes or until firm enough to slice easily.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Slice logs ¼" (5 mm) thick; place the cookies 1" (2.5 cm) apart, on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake in batches for 13 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are pale golden. Cool completely on a rack.