- Yields: 24 cookies
- Preparation: 45 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Unsalted, softened
- 1/2 cup (125mL) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15mL) orange zest, finely grated
- 3 oz (90g) bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped or 2/3 cup (175mL) of mini chocolate chips
- 3 oz (90g) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, melted
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Using electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In separate bowl, combine salt, flour, chocolate, baking soda and orange zest; using wooden spoon, gradually stir into butter mixture until well combined.
- Divide dough in thirds; pat each into 6" (15 cm) circle onto parchment paper-lined cookie sheets. Using paring knife, without cutting all the way through dough, score each circle into 8 wedges.
- Bake in centre of oven for 15 to 20 minute or until lightly golden. Cool on pan on racks for 5 minutes. Cut through score marks. Drizzle cooled cookies with melted chocolate.