- Yields: 35 cookies
- Preparation: 1 hour
- 2 1/4 cups (560) flour
- 2 tsp (10mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cloves
- 2/3 cup (150mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup (310mL) sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (75mL) molasses
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves in a medium bowl.
- Beat together butter and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer on high until well blended, about 2 min. Add egg and mix to combine. Add molasses and mix until well blended. Scrape bowl and add flour mixture in two additions until well mixed.
- Roll dough into two tablespoon balls. Place remaining ¼ cup sugar in a shallow dish. Add dough to sugar, rolling to coat. Place on prepared sheet 2-½-inches apart, press down gently and bake in batches until no longer shiny and golden around edges, about 10 to 12 minutes. Cool for 3 minutes on sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.