- Yields: 12 muffins
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup (175mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) zucchini, shredded (about 2 zucchini)
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) cinnamon, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C).
- In large bowl, whisk together melted butter, sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir butter mixture along with zucchini into flour mixture, just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips, if using.
- Bake in centre of oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes before removing from pan.