- Yields: 6
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 can (397g) condensed milk
- 1 cup (250mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60mL) honey
- ¼ cup (60mL) GAY LEA - Farmhouse, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups (310mL) whole milk
- 2 tbsp (30mL) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10mL) ground ginger
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) ground cardamom
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) baking soda
- pinch salt
Candied Orange Peel:
- ½ cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (80mL) water
- 1 navel orange
- Whisk condensed milk with vanilla. Using a hand blender set to high speed, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into condensed milk.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into an 8x5 pan). Dollop a few teaspoons of honey and drag a toothpick through the honey to create a marble effect.
- Repeat this step 2 more times. Freeze ice cream for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk butter, eggs, milk and sugar together. In another bowl stir together all dry ingredients.
- Whisk dry ingredients into wet until combined.
- Pour 1/3 cup of batter into waffle iron, leaving a ½ inch edge. Cook for 3 minutes or according to waffle irons manufacture instructions.
- Top warm waffle with a scoop of ice cream and candied orange peel.
- Slice rind off orange.
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Stir in orange rind and simmer for 20 minutes until the pith is semi translucent.
- Transfer to a drying rack. Serve with ice cream and waffles.