- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 40 minutes
- ¾ cup (177mL) GAY LEA - Organic Unsalted, melted
- 2 cups (500mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125mL) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (125mL) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250mL) plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (60mL) earl grey tea leaves, loose leaf tea or tea leaves from tea bags
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla
Vanilla Bean Frosting:
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Organic Unsalted, melted
- 1 ½ cups (375mL) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) milk
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Place 12 muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, sugar and brown sugar. Whisk for 1 minute until creamy. Whisk in yogurt, tea leaves and vanilla until combined. Gradually whisk in ¾ cup of melted butter until fully incorporated.
- Working in two batches, add the dry ingredients into the wet batter and gently whisk together until combined.
- Using a 2 oz ice cream scoop, scoop batter into muffin liners, filling each cup above ¾ inch height. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when checked. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack.
- In a medium sized bowl, using a hand mixer on low speed add remaining 1/3 cup of melted butter, icing sugar, vanilla bean seeds, vanilla extract and milk. Beat until icing is creamy. Using a butter knife or offset spatula spread icing on top of each muffin.