- Yields: 6-8
- Preparation: 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 Yukon Gold potato, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, small, chopped
- 4 oz (125g) spanish chorizo or ham, thinly sliced
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cups (175mL) GAY LEA - Lactose Free Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 1 cup (250mL) BLACK RIVER - Goat Cheddar, grated
- 1/4 cup (50mL) parsley, fresh and chopped
- Melt butter in a 12-inch (30 cm) ovenproof skillet set over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, pepper and chorizo; cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until softened and starting to caramelize. Spread mixture evenly in skillet.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Whisk eggs with sour cream, salt and pepper until well combined. Whisk in cheese and parsley. Pour evenly over skillet mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges and garnish with additional sour cream and grated Cheddar cheese.
- For those who cannot tolerate goat cheese, omit or replace with a lactose free Cheddar cheese.