- Yields: 12 muffins
- Preparation: 22 minutes
- ½ cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Bakers Gold, room temperature
- ¼ cup (60mL) marzipan paste
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 ¼ cups (310mL) almond flour
- ¼ cup (60mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) baking soda
- 2/3 cup (150mL) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) almond extract
- ½ cup (125mL) raspberry jam
- ½ cup (125mL) sliced almonds, broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter the cups of a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together almond flour, flour, baking powder, baking soda, coconut and salt.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat marzipan and butter until smooth. Add eggs and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients into wet ingredients, stir until fully combined.
- Press 1 tsp. of batter into the bottom of each muffin cup. Follow with ½ tsp. of raspberry jam into each center. Using a 1 tbsp. ice cream scooper top jam with batter and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 15 minutes until edges are golden brown. Allow cakes to cool 5 minutes. Gently remove cakes from pan and transfer cakes to a cooling rack. Serve warm.