- Preparation: 31 minutes
- 3 7" (18 cm) whole wheat pitas
- 9 tsp (45mL) sun dried tomato pesto
- 2/3 cup (150mL) IVANHOE - Extra Old White Cheddar, shredded
- 1/3 cup (75mL) IVANHOE - Mozzarella, shredded
- 1/3 cup (75mL) monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (125mL) corn kernels
- 3 tbsp (45mL) black olives, sliced
- 3 tbsp (45mL) tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) GAY LEA - Original Sour Cream
- chives, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool.
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, mix cheeses together. Spread pita wedges on a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread sun-dried tomato pesto over pita wedges. Sprinkle with half the corn, olives and tomatoes. Top with 1/3 cup (75mL) of the cheese.
- Add remaining corn, olives and tomatoes. Sprinkle all over with remaining cheese. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Place nachos onto a serving platter and top with sour cream.
- Excellent source of calcium.