- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation: 75 minutes
- 2 lb (1Kg) potatoes, baking (e.g. Yukon Gold)
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) pepper
- 2 cups (500mL) corn kernels, cooked
- 2 garlic heads, roasted
- 3 tbsp (45mL) fresh basil, or mint, chopped
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes or just until tender but not mushy. Drain and peel.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized chunks. In a large skillet, melt 3 cups (75 mL) butter over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook, stirring often, for 20 to 30 minutes, adding remainder of butter as necessary, until crispy and golden. Stir in corn and roasted garlic pulp (see tip below for preparation method).
- To roast garlic, slice top third off garlic head to expose tops of cloves. Wrap well in foil. Bake in preheated 425°F (220°C) oven for about 40 minutes, or grill over medium heat, turning once, for 35 to 45 minutes or until cloves are thoroughly softened. Let cool at least 15 minutes. Squeeze out pulp.
- Cook potatoes up to 1 day ahead and reserve in the refrigerator.