- Yields: About 20 pieces
- Preparation: 25 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) Nordica 2%
- 1/3 cup (75mL) blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp (45mL) walnuts, toasted, chopped, (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15mL) fresh basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, small and minced
- 1/2 baguette, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup (175mL) fresh strawberries, Ontario, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, stir together cottage and Blue Cheeses. Add the next 5 ingredients and stir well. Spread mixture evenly over baguette slices. Top with strawberries. Place on a greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill for about 5 minutes or until baguette is toasted and cheese is warm.
- Gay Lea French Onion Sour Cream Dip Option: Replace cottage and Blue Cheeses with ½ cup (125mL) Gay Lea Sour Cream French Onion Dip and ½ cup (125mL) shredded Ivanhoe Old Cheddar.
- Pecan Option: Replace walnuts with pecans.
- If basil is not available, use parsley.
- Mixture can be made up to 1 day ahead; cover and refrigerate.