- Yields: 24 shortbread
- Preparation: 90 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Salted Butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh chives, chopped
- In a bowl, combine flour and Parmesan cheese. Cut in butter until mixture resembles very coarse meal. Stir in chives. Transfer to work surface and knead gently into ball. Shape into log, 1 1/2" (4 cm) in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Slice into 1/4" (5 mm) thick slices. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake in centre of oven for 10 minutes. Cool on pan on rack. (Shortbread can be stored in airtight container for up to 2 days).