- Yields: 2½ cups (625 ml)
- Preparation: 12 minutes
- 1 tsp (5mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup (375mL) HEWITT'S - 2% milk
- 1 tbsp (15mL) all purpose flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) GAY LEA - Butter Sticks – Salted
- 2 cups (500mL) IVANHOE - Old Sharpe Cheddar, crumbled
- Melt butter with garlic in a saucepan on medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in milk, mustard and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Remove from the heat; gradually whisk in cheese until melted. Add pepper to taste.