- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- ¼ cup (60mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted
- 4 cups (1L) GAY LEA - Hewitt’s Goat Cheese
- 4 lbs (2Kg) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (500mL) onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15mL) smoked paprika
- 4 quarts (4L) vegetable broth
- 1 baguette, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- ¼ cup (60mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5mL) cracked pepper
- Heat butter over medium heat in a large stock pot. Sauté carrots and onion until onions are transparent, about 5 minutes. Add paprika and stir to combine. Add broth and reduce to simmer. Cook covered for 35 to 40 minutes or until carrots are fork tender.
- Remove from heat and blend soup using an immersion blender until smooth. Return pot to the heat and add the goat cheese, whisking until well combined. Hold for service.
- Toss bread cubes with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Bake in a 350°F (190°C) oven for 10 minutes turning at the half way point or until golden and crisp.
- To serve, in a saucepan, heat a portion of the soup. Plate soup and top with a few croutons (some additional goat cheese crumbles, optional) and cracked pepper.