- Yields: 40 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
- Preparation: 55 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) olive oil
- 6 1/2 lb chicken breast, boneless, skinless, and chopped
- 4 (2Kg) mushroom, sliced
- 4 (567g) onions, diced
- 4 (14oz) celery, diced
- 4 (14oz) carrots, diced
- 8 (0.8oz) clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50mL) thyme, fresh and finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 20 cups (5L) pepper
- 20 cups (5L) no-sodium chicken broth
- 20 cups GAY LEA - 2% Milk or homogenized milk
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) ground nutmeg
- 24 cups (6L) baby spinach
- 5 cups (1.25L) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups (750mL) SALERNO - Grated 100% Parmesan Cheese
- 2/3 cups (150mL) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Butter Solids-Unsalted, softened (optional)
- 3/4 cup (175mL) fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large skillet/tilt fryer set over medium heat. Cook chicken, mushrooms, onions, celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken and mushrooms start to brown and vegetables are tender. Stir in quinoa; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until well coated and toasted.
- Stir in broth, milk and nutmeg; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring often, for 12 to 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stir in spinach and peas. Cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until quinoa is tender and peas are cooked through. Turn off heat. Stir in Parmesan, lemon juice and butter (if using).
- Transfer to 2 large steam table pans. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
- Alternatively, substitute peeled, deveined shrimp (tail removed) for chicken. Sauté shrimp first until cooked, then remove from pan. Return to pan along with spinach.