- Yields: 20 sandwiches or 120 appetizer portions
- Preparation: 26 minutes
- 40 flour tortillas
- 5 cups (1.25L) NORDICA 2% - Cottage Cheese
- 5 cups (1.25L) IVANHOE - Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp (10mL) dried oregano
- 10 cups (2.5L) zucchini, grated
- 5 cups (1.25L) plum tomatoes, diced
- 15 3/4 cups (3.75L) black olives, diced
- 5 - 15 tbsp (75 - 225mL) fresh basil, sliced
- 5 tbsp (75mL) dried basil
- 5 cups (1.25L) IVANHOE - Mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray both sides of 4 tortillas with non-stick cooking spray or lightly brush with olive oil; arrange on 2 baking sheets. Place on bottom rack of oven and bake for about 3 minutes or until crisp, puffy and slightly browned. Turn over so brownest side is facing up.
- Meanwhile process cottage cheese, feta, garlic and oregano in food processor or blender until well blended. Squeeze all moisture from zucchini. Divide cheese mixture evenly on baked tortillas. Sprinkle zucchini, diced tomatoes, olives and basil on top of cheese. Distribute mozzarella evenly over each. Top each with another tortilla, pressing down slightly. Spray top tortillas with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until top tortillas are browned and crisp. Cool 5 minutes; cut wedges with pizza cutter. Place a dollop of sour cream on each if desired and garnish with tomato, basil leaves or green onion.
- Excellent source of thiamin, riboflavin, folate, calcium and iron.