- Yields: 12
- Preparation: 30 minutes
- 3 lb (1.5Kg) GAY LEA - Hewitt’s Goat Cheese
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour, seasoned
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500mL) panko breadcrumbs
- 12 red beets, or cooked golden , peeled
- 12 blood or regular oranges
- 1 tsp (5mL) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp (5mL) oil, for frying
- 6 oranges, zest and juiced
- 1 cup (125mL) shallots, miced
- 2 tbsp (30mL) liquid honey
- 1 cup (250mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5mL) pepper
- Place goat cheese logs in freezer for 15 minutes. Slice into 1-inch (2.5 cm) medallions. Coat each medallion in flour, then egg, then panko bread crumbs, pressing gently to coat fully.
- Make portions to order. Shallow fry 2 medallions of goat cheese in hot oil for 2 minutes per side or until deep golden and crisp.
- Slice and arrange, 1 beet and 1 orange in the center of the plate. Drizzle with citrus dressing and top with 2 medallions shingled in the middle of the plate. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.
- In medium bowl, combine, orange zest and juice, shallots, honey and salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle olive oil into juice mixture continually whisking; set aside.
- Seasoned all-purpose flour: season with salt and pepper