- Yields: 38 cups (9.5 L)
- Preparation: 55 minutes
- 1/3 cup (75mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cups (500mL) oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped and drained
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2.84 L whole tomatoes, 2 cans
- 10 cups (2.5L) chicken or vegetable stock, approx.
- 4 cups (1L) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%
- 3 cups (750mL) fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) salt, approx.
- 1 1/2 tsp (7mL) pepper, approx.
- Melt the butter in a stockpot set over medium heat. Add the onion; sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic; sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes (with can juices) and stock. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sour cream and basil leaves. Use a hand-blender to purée until smooth. (Or transfer to a blender and purée, in batches, until smooth). Adjust consistency with extra broth as preferred. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spoon heaping tablespoons of Ivanhoe Pure Parmesan Fresh Grated Cheese about 1/2-inch (1 cm) apart. Bake for 3 to 4 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss cubed crusty bread with melted Gay Lea Butter and chopped fresh herbs until lightly coated. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and crisp.