- Yields: 40 servings (about 1/2 cup or 125 ml each)
- Preparation: 120 minutes
- 16 (6Kg) sweet potatoes
- 2 cups (500mL) GAY LEA - Sour Cream 14%
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125mL) fresh parsley leaves, lightly packed
- 4 slices (175g) whole grain bread, torn
- 1 cup (250mL) pecans, toasted halves
- 1 cup (250mL) parmesan cheese, pure and grated
- 1/2 cup (125mL) GAY LEA - Butter Prints - Salted, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Bake sweet potatoes for 1 hour or until very tender. Cool until easy to handle; peel and discard skins. Mash the potato flesh until very smooth. Beat in sour cream and garlic until well combined. Season with salt and pepper; adjust to taste. Transfer to a greased 2-inch (5 cm) full-size hotel pan.
- Place parsley in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add the bread, pecans and Parmesan; pulse until well combined but still chunky. Toss with butter until well coated. Sprinkle evenly over the sweet potato mixture. (Reserve at this point in the refrigerator for up to 3 days).
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) for 45 minutes (60 minutes from the refrigerator) or until browned and heated through.